Monday, March 16, 2015

First Impressions

The Color Scheme

I've been experimenting with how the magazine's overall "look" should be to convey elegance and luxury as well as beauty. Colors that are always associated with makeup and beauty are black, white, and, occasionally, red; examples are the Sephora and MAC stores' decor and geometric, simple design. These colors give a sense of clean, elegant beauty. I want to use these connotations associated with these bold color to my advantage when creating the magazine.

The Cover Image

The model I will be using is my little sister, whose bone structure and features work to my advantage when trying to create an abstract makeup with bold colors. I will be creating a very geometric inspired makeup with the colors that i've selected for the magazine. I want to keep the makeup very top heavy, meaning that the eyes and brows are the strong focus of the face, and the lips are kept simple. The model will be looking down are the camera, to convey a sense that she is much more elegant and regal, and this will also make the model's eyes be more of a focal point, as her eyes are nearly closed. 


The Layout

As the cover image is going to be very top heavy, I am going to place the cover lines mostly toward the bottom to balance the cover. Having balance and symmetry is key to achieving something that comes off as beautiful. Also, the cover lines will be strictly white font with a slight drop shadow so that they stand out, but aren't the main focal point. 
As for the cover story, it will be placed on the left hand side of the cover image, in red font, so that it is set apart from everything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment